Wednesday 6 September 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon DeMarco and Roger Waters.
Arsenic and Old Lace, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1944 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Gordon DeMarco: Writer / activist.
- Roger Waters: Cambridge, England -- Rock bassist (Pink Floyd-Wall).
- Linda Kaye in Henning: California, USA; actress (Betty Joe - Petticoat Junction).
- Christian Boltanski: French sculptor, photographer, painter and film maker.
- Jean-Paul Jaeger: French Catholic clergyman, who was ordained as a priest for the Diocese of Lille on 6 April 1974.
- Swoosie Kurtz: Amercan actress with two Tony Awards to her credit. She took home her first for Best Actress for her performance in the play "The Fifth of July" in 1981. The second Tony recognized her work in the 1986 play "The House of Blue Leaves."
- Jacques Trémollet de Villers: French writer, lawyer, president of the Catholic fundamentalist group La Cité Catholique since the 1980s and monarchist activist in the Restauration nationale movement.
- Donna Haraway: American professor, writer, and lecturer
- Robert Lejour: Belgian lawyer / resistance fighter, murdered.
- Gen Von Zangens 15th army escape from Zealand
- World War II: The city of Ypres, Belgium is liberated by allied forces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Take It Jackson - Vaughn Monroe
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?