Friday 6 September 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gwyn Evans and Paul Lewis Harrhy.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Woman in a Dressing Gown, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while On The Beach by Nevil Shute was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The New Adventures of Charlie Chan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1957 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Gwyn Evans: Welsh rugby player.
- Paul Lewis Harrhy: Actor / opera singer (Intelligence Park).
- Michaelle Jean: 27th Governor-General of Canada.
- Tim Whitnall: English actor and narrator.
- Jose Socrates: Prime Minister of Portugal.
- José Socrates: Portuguese politician, winner of the February 20, 2005 elections in Portugal, leader of the Socialist Party, which he joined in 1981. In 1987, he was elected to Parliament and has since served as Secretary of State in the Environment Ministry, Deputy Minister to the Prime Minister and Minister of the Environment.
- Ali Divandari: Iranian painter sculptor and journalist
- Michaëlle Jean: Haitian-Canadian journalist and politician 27th Governor-General of Canada
- José Sócrates: Portuguese engineer and politician 119th Prime Minister of Portugal
- Elvis records White Xmas, Silent Night andHere Comes Santa Claus
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?