Monday 6 September 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Help! by The Beatles.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Les vampires, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1965 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Terry Bickers: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The House of Love and Levitation).
- Darren Clark: Australian sprinter.
- Christopher Nolan: Irish author and poet (d. 2009).
- John Polson: Australian actor and film director.
- Van Tiffin: American football player.
- Johan Garrels: Soccer player (Alphense Boys, RKC)
- Konstantin Mostras: Composer, dies at 79.
- India invades West Pakistan
- KLNE TV channel 3 in Lexington, NB (PBS) begins broadcasting
- War of 1965: India retaliates following Pakistan's failed Operation Grand Slam which resulted in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 that is ended following the signing of the Tashkent Declaration.
- Islamic Republic Of Pakistan observes its Defence Day on account of successful defence of Lahore and other important areas against India.
- The People's Republic of China announces that it will reinforce its troops on the Indian border.
- Vietnam War: In a follow-up to August's Operation Starlite, United States Marines and South Vietnamese forces initiate Operation Piranha on the Batangan Peninsula, south of the Chu Lai Marine base.
- Pakistan Navy raids Indian coasts without any resistance in Operation Dwarka, Pakistan celebrates Victory Day annually.
- Sandy Koufax pitches a perfect game in a baseball match against the Chicago Cubs. The opposing pitcher, Bob Hendley, allows only 1 run, which is unearned.
- U.N. Secretary General U Thant negotiates with Pakistan President Ayub Khan.
- U Thant recommends China for United Nations membership.
- Hurricane Betsy roars ashore near New Orleans, Louisiana with winds of , causing 76 deaths and $1.42 billion in damage. The storm is the first hurricane to cause $1 billion in unadjusted damages, giving it the nickname ampquotBillion Dollar Betsyampquot. It is the last major hurricane to strike New Orleans until Hurricane Katrina 40 years later.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Help!
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag Part 1
- The Turtles - It Ain't Me Babe
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?