Wednesday 6 September 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1972 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Dylan Bruno: American actor and producer.
- Saulius Mikalajūnas: Lithuanian footballer.
- Eric Zeier: NFL quarterback (Cleveland Browns).
- Frank Rocca: CFL corner (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Idris Elba: English/American actor.
- Anika Rose: Movie Actress
- Eugene Hutz: Ukrainian singer and composer (Gogol Bordello)
- Anika Noni Rose: American actress and singer
- Justina Machado: Puerto Rican actress
- China Mieville: English writer
- Summer Olympics resume in Munich Germany after massacre
- Munich Massacre: 9 Israel athletes taken hostage at the Munich Olympic Games by the Palestinian ''Black September'' terrorist group died (as did a German policeman) at the hands of the kidnappers during a failed rescue attempt. 2 other Israeli athletes are slain in the initial attack the previous day.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?