Saturday 6 September 1980
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK The Winner Takes It All by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit II, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1980 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Yuji Hamano: Japanese archer.
- Kerry Katona: Reality Star.
- Jillian Hall: American professional wrestler.
- Samuel Peter: Nigerian boxer.
- Joseph Yobo: Nigerian footballer.
- 94th US Womens Tennis: Chris E L Mills beats H Mandlikova (57 61 61)
- Emmy Creative Arts Award presentation
- Macalaster University of St. Paul, Minnesota beating Mount Senario 17-14
- Susan Powell (Okla), 21, crowned 53rd Miss America 1981
- College football's longest losing streak of 50 games ends for Macalaster University of Saint Paul, Minnesota beating Mount Senario 17-14.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Olivia Newton-John - Magic
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) Part 1
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?