Friday 6 September 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ali Ashfaq and Alberto Valerio.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) by John Parr.
In UK Into The Groove by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
After Hours, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lucky by Jackie Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes Comedy Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Empire of Karn or The Legend of Kage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1985 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Ali Ashfaq: Maldivian footballer.
- Alberto Valerio: Brazilian racing driver.
- Nathaniel Dudney: American noted family, the son of country music star Barbara Mandrell and her husband Ken Dudney.
- Webbie : American rapper.
- Veronica Gilroy: Family Member.
- Shin Nagahama: Japanese actor and model
- Midwest Express Airlines Flight 105, a Douglas DC-9, crashes just after takeoff from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, killing 31.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 September 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Billy Joel - You're Only Human (Second Wind)
- Prince - Pop Life
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?