Saturday 6 September 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Loïc Collomb-Patton and Tom Lüthi.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Venus by Bananarama.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Siskel & Ebert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cruise Chaser Blassty or Dracula.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1986 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Loïc Collomb-Patton: French skier (freeride), he won the world championship in 2014.
- Tom Lüthi: Swiss professional motorcycle road racer.
- Graham Wardle: TV Actor.
- Tory Mason: American porn actor.
- Blanche Sweet: US actress (DW Griffith movies), dies at 90.
- Attack on synagogue in Istanbul, 23 killed
- Jozef Pribilinec speed walking world record time (15,447k)
- Michael Spinks TKOs Steffen Tangstad in 4 for heavyweight boxing title
- USSR charges correspondent Nicholas Daniloff with spying.
- Desmond Tutu becomes the first black Anglican Church bishop in South Africa.
- Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet survives an assassination attempt by the FPMR five of his bodyguards are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bananarama - Venus
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?