Saturday 6 September 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me If You Dare, directed by Yann Samuell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clanc was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 6 September 2003 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 September
- Mohammad Oraz: Iranian mountain climber (Born 1969).
- Johns Hopkins researchers retract all results of a frequently cited study which claimed that extensive and permanent brain damage occurred after just a single dose of Ecstasy. Due to a labelling mistake on the experimental drug vials, all but one of the animals involved in the study were not actually given Ecstasy at all, but were instead given the drug d-methamphetamine.
- War on Terrorism: European Union foreign ministers denounce the political wing of Hamas as a terrorist organization following the group's claim of responsibility for a truce-shattering bomb attack in Jerusalem.
- Natural disaster: Hurricane Fabian lashes Bermuda, causing heavy damage. It is the most powerful storm to hit the island in fifty years.
- Palestinian Authority: Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas submits his resignation to the President of the Palestinian Authority, Yasser Arafat. According to Palestinian sources, he will play a ampquotcaretakerampquot role of the position until a new prime minister is sworn in.
- Tennis: Justine Henin-Hardenne defeated fellow Belgian Kim Clijsters 7–5, 6–1 to win her first U.S. Open title. She had defeated Clijsters earlier that year to take the French Open as well.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 September 2003 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?