Saturday 6 September 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 6 September 2008 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 September
- Soren Nordin: Swedish harness racing driver and trainer (Born 1917).
- Turkish President Abdullah Gul attends an association football match in Armenia after an invitation by Armenian President Serzh Sarkisyan; he is the first Turkish head of state to visit the country.
- 2008 Pacific hurricane season: Tropical Storm Lowell forms off the coast of Mexico. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- Komlan Mally resigns as prime minister of Togo, after less than a year in office. (Xinhua)
- Darren Aronofsky's ''The Wrestler'' wins the Golden Lion for best film at the Venice Film Festival. (AP via Google News)
- Nuclear Suppliers Group clears Indo-US nuclear deal. (CNN-IBN)
- The 2008 Summer Paralympic Games begin in Beijing. (BBC News)
- 2008 Atlantic hurricane season
- Tropical Storm Hanna makes landfall in the United States on the border between North Carolina and South Carolina. (AFP via the ''Melbourne Age'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?