Sunday 6 September 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up in the Air, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MacKenzie Falls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Burn Zombie Burn! or Marvel Super Hero Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 6 September 2009 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 September
- In Beverly Hills, California, Ira & Larry Goldberg, Auctioneers, conduct the auction of part one of the Dan Holmes collection of US large cents.
- Kilkenny beat Tipperary in the 2009 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final to achieve a record-equalling fourth consecutive victory. (''Irish Independent'')
- Hundreds of people are rescued and a further 88 are missing after a ferry sank off the coast of the southern Philippines. (BBC)
- A third day of clashes take place in Gabon's second largest city, Port-Gentil, over the disputed presidential election. (AFP)
- Ten people are injured in an acid attack in Hong Kong. (AFP)
- Sri Lanka orders a United Nations official from UNICEF to leave after he made ampquotadverse remarksampquot to the foreign media regarding the LTTE. (''The Island'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?