Sunday 7 April 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Have a look at the old newspapers from 7 April 1929 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
The Wild Party
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
British Movietone News (1929 TV Series)
Which were the important events of 7 April 1929 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
See other famous people born on 07 April
Bob Denard: French mercenary, rebel and adventurer, a modern day soldier-of-fortune.
Joe Gallo: American gangster (Born 1929).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1929?
- Science: Science vol. 69 issue 1788
- Time: Edward Wales, who later becomes Duke of Windsor
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Paul Baumer enlisted with his classmates in the German army of World War I. Youthful, enthusiastic, they become soldiers. But despite what they have learned, they break into pieces under the first bombardment in the trenches.
Dodsworth is a satirical novel by American writer Sinclair Lewis, about a retired fellow and his wife who tour Europe together in the 1920's. On their extensive travels across Europe they are soon caught up in vastly different lifestyles, and ...
Young girl's mystery novel from 1919 in England.
This early work by S. S. Van Dine was originally published in 1928 and we are now republishing it with a brand new introduction. 'The Bishop Murder Case' is one of Van Dine's novels of crime and mystery.
Tell the world why 7 April 1929 is such a special date for you!