Friday 7 April 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buck Rogers, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1939 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Donald Holmquest: American physician and lawyer; a scientist-astronaut selected by NASA on 8/04/1967.
- David Frost: British TV personality, actor, producer, writer and host interviewer.
- Francis Ford Coppola in Detroit: Michigan, USA; film maker (Godfather, Apocalypse Now, American Graffiti).
- Gary Kellgren: American record producer co-founded Record Plant (d. 1977).
- Vaçe Zela: Albanian-Swiss singer and guitarist (d. 2014).
- Donald L Holmquest: Dallas, Texas -- Astronaut
- Brett Whiteley: Australian artist, a student at the Julian Ashtron School before winning a traveling scholarship to Italy in 1959. In 1961 he was chosen to represent Australia at the UNESCO Young painters' Convention in Paris and received wide publicity when he won the international prize at the Paris Biennale. Whiteley returned to Australia in 1961 but by the late '70s, the struggle and tension that had charged his early work had been diverted into his personal life and his battle with heroin became public kno
- Francis Coppola: American film director and producer. He burst into the limelight in 1972 as a young director with his five time Academy Award winning film "The Godfather."
- Jean-Luc Chalumeau: French art historian and art critic, author of numerous books on contemporary art.
- Joseph Lyons: Australian educator and politician 10th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1939).
- World War II: Italy invades Albania.
- Italy invades Albania King Zog flees.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?