Sunday 7 April 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Benary and Bill Kreutzmann in Palo Alto.
Dragonwyck, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1946 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Barbara Benary: Composer.
- Bill Kreutzmann in Palo Alto: California, USA; drummer (Grateful Dead, Grass Roots).
- Colette Besson: French athlete, winner of the 400 m event at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City.
- Zaid Abdul-Aziz: American basketball player.
- Herménégilde Chiasson: Canadian poet playwright and politician 29th Lieutenant Governor of New Brunswick.
- Stan Winston: American special effects and makeup artist, and film director (Born 1946)
- 10th Golf Masters Championship: Herman Keiser wins, shooting a 282.
- Part of East Prussia incorporated into Russian SFSR.
- Syria's independence from France is officially recognised.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Sioux City Sue - Bing Crosby & Jesters
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Teddy Walters
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Personality - Bing Crosby (Eddie Condon Orchestra)
- Billy Eckstine - Prisoner of Love
- The Mad Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- You Won't be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?