Saturday 7 April 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janis Ian [Janis Eddy Fink] in New York City and John Dittrich in Union.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1951 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Janis Ian [Janis Eddy Fink] in New York City: New York, USA; folk singer (Society's Child, At 17).
- John Dittrich in Union: New Jersey, USA; country singer (Restless Heart - "Wheels").
- Jean-Louis Borloo: French lawyer and politician, leader of the Union of Democrats and Independents, former Minister of Ecology, Energy, and sustainable.
- Janis Ian: American songwriter, singer, musician, columnist and science fiction author.
- 15th Golf Masters Championship: Ben Hogan wins, shooting a 280.
- American Bowling Congress begins first masters tournament.
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Enwetak.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?