Monday 7 April 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Gary in Burbank and David Baulcombe.
The Man in the White Suit, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Broadway Television Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1952 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Bruce Gary in Burbank: California, USA; rock drummer (The Knack - "My Sharona").
- David Baulcombe: English geneticist and academic.
- Jane Frederick: US pentathlete (1976 Olympics - 7th Place).
- Clarke Peters: American actor and singer.
- Gilles Valiquette: Canadian actor singer and producer.
- The American Research Bureau reports that the I Love Lucy episode, quotThe Marriage Licensequot was the first TV show in history to be seen in around 10,000,000 homes the evening the episode aired.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?