Thursday 7 April 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea Fisher and Tim Cochran.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Marty, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Science Fiction Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1955 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Andrea Fisher: Artist.
- Tim Cochran: American mathematician and academic (d. 2014).
- Gregg Jarrett: American lawyer and television news journalist.
- Werner Stocker: German actor (d. 1993).
- Theda Bara: American actress called "The Vamp" who was the embodiment of the silent screen image of sexuality run amok, a product of publicity hype.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?