Sunday 7 April 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1957 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Henry Manzares: American male, a native American Indian.
- Mary Whitehead: American news figure who was the surrogate mother, by contract, for the child of William Stern, a 40-year old biochemist who was married and childless.
- Kim Kap-soo: South Korean actor.
- Kim Kap-su: South Korean actor.
- Last of New York's electric trolleys completes its final run.
- 21st Golf Masters Championship: Doug Ford wins, shooting a 283.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?