Tuesday 7 April 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Wadsworth and Joe Durant in Pensacola.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
Paris When It Sizzles, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Drehscheibe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1964 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Helen Wadsworth: South Wales, United Kingdom -- Golfer (Curtis Cup 1990).
- Joe Durant in Pensacola: Florida, USA; Nike golfer (1992 Boise Open-7th).
- Russell Crowe: New Zealand actor, fabulous in "Gladiator," winning the "Best Actor" Oscar for his performance, 2000.
- Jace Alexander: American television director.
- Steve Graves: Canadian ice hockey player.
- IBM introduces the IBM System/360 mainframe computer.
- Four of 5 railroad operating unions strike against the Illinois Central Railroad without warning, bringing to a head a 5-year dispute over railroad work rules.
- Gemini 1 is launched, the first unmanned test of the 2-man spacecraft.
- ''From Russia with Love'' premiers in U.S. movie theaters.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?