Sunday 7 April 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Girls of Rochefort, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1968 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Vincent Perez: American friend of Damian Clemente, involved in a shoot-out in which Damian and his dad, Anthony, shot four men to death.
- Don[ald] Smith: North Tonawanda, New York -- Rower (1996 Olympics - 5th Place).
- Duncan Armstrong: Australian swimmer and sportscaster.
- Jennifer Lynch: American actress director producer and screenwriter.
- Vasiliy Sokov: Russian triple jumper.
- Jim Clark: Scottish race-car nicknamed "The Flying Scot," as he won 25 Grand Prix races.
- Racing driver Jim Clark is killed in a Formula 2 race at Hockenheim.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Monkees - Valleri
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?