Saturday 7 April 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Matter by Akon.
In UK Give It To Me by Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado was in the top 5 hits.
Fracture, directed by Gregory Hoblit, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mist: Sheepdog Tales.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Capcom Puzzle World or Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 7 April 2007 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 April
- Turkish soldiers are killed in a clash with Kurdistan Workers' Party forces in Şırnak province. (Voice of America)
- A recently released Iranian diplomat claims that he was tortured by the CIA while in captivity in Iraq. (The Observer)
- Cambridge University defeats Oxford University by one and a half lengths in the 153rd University Boat Race. (BBC)
- Thousands of people protest in Los Angeles, California calling for citizenship rights for undocumented immigrants to the United States. (BBC)
- The World Wide Fund for Nature expresses concern over the potential destruction of coral reefs after the 2007 Solomon Islands earthquake, which caused the island of Ranongga in the New Georgia Islands group to rise three meters (10 ft.), extending its entire shoreline by 70 meters on average. (AFP via Yahoo!)
- The captain of the Greek cruise ship M/S ''Sea Diamond'' is charged in Greece with criminal negligence in connection with its sinking. If the two missing passengers are found dead, he may face more serious charges. (CNN)
- Hungarian American software developer Charles Simonyi launches on board Soyuz TMA-10 towards the International Space Station, becoming the fifth space tourist. (CNN)
- A jeep carrying a gelatin-based explosive for a highway construction project explodes in the Indian village of Chendur in Tamil Nadu killing at least 16 people. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- Israeli helicopters fire at least two missiles into the northern Gaza Strip. The missile killed a Palestinian militant ampquotwhile mounting an operation near the borderampquot in a statement released by Islamic Jihad. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Rich Boy - Throw Some D's
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?