Wednesday 7 April 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Clash of the Titans, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 7 April 2010 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 April
- Jean-Paul Proust: French and Monegasque civil servant.
- Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiyev flees Bishkek amid fierce rioting, sparking a sociopolitical crisis. Former foreign minister Roza Otunbayeva is placed at the head of an interim government as the opposition seizes control.
- James Hansen wins the Sophie Prize. (''The Independent'')
- The Gay Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) announces that the number of LGBT characters on scripted programs in the United States has doubled since 2005. (CNN)
- 2010 Kyrgyzstan riots:
- President Kurmanbek Bakiyev reportedly flees the country, as the government steps down and protestors overrun the parliament building. The opposition announces the formation of a new provisional government headed by Roza Otunbayeva. (Al Jazeera)
- President Kurmanbek Bakiyev makes a last-ditch attempt to quell the riots by imposing a curfew as six people reportedly die. (BBC)
- Protesters seize the state television channel building in the capital, Bishkek. Kyrgyz opposition representatives and human rights activists appear on the TV channel KTR which resumes broadcasting after one hour. (Kyrgyz National Informational Agency)
- Interior Minister Moldomussa Kongantiyev is reported to have been killed after being taken hostage by opposition protesters inside an interior department building in the northern city of Talas. (Xinhua)
- July 12, 2007 Baghdad airstrike WikiLeaks video controversy:
- Families of the victims request that those responsible be taken to court as two young children who were injured ask why their dead father was targeted when he tried to bring an injured man to hospital. (Al Jazeera)
- Conjoined twins:
- The conjoined twins recently born in Gaza less than two weeks ago are reported as being in a critical condition in Saudi Arabia where surgery is taking place to separate them. (''Arab News'')
- The conjoined twins from Cork, Ireland, born four months ago, undergo separation surgery in London. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Campaigning organisations call for the lifting of an Israeli media ban on the ampquotsecurity caseampquot, the case of a 23-year-old former soldier who leaked details of extra-judicial killings of Palestinians. (BBC)
- Saudi cleric Sheik Mohammed al-Areefi cancels a visit to Jerusalem due to public anger at Israeli policy. (''Ha'aetz'')
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas fires the director of his bureau, Rafik Husseini, who was involved in ‘Fatahgate’ sex scandal. (CNN)
- Human Rights Watch tells Hamas to stop executions in Gaza after Hamas courts sentence 16 people to death in 2009 and this year, including eight convicted of alleged “treason”. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Human Rights Watch requests that the Government of Peru investigate the deaths of six civilians after police opened fire on a mining demonstration last Sunday. At least 30 others were injured. (BBC)
- Brazil is hit by a second day of heavy rain. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?