Monday 7 August 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include R Nicholas Ray and Nicholas Ray.
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1911 ?
- R Nicholas Ray: Galesville, Wisconsin -- Director (Rebel Without a Cause).
- Nicholas Ray: American actor, and director famed for "Johnny Guitar," 1954, "The Lusty Men," 1954, "Rebel Without a Cause," 1955 and "King of Kings," 1961.
- István Bibó: Hungarian lawyer and politician (d. 1979).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 August 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Life's a Funny Proposition, After All - George M. Cohan
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Marguerite Dunlap
- Love is Like a Red, Red Rose - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?