Saturday 7 August 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Scarlet Letter, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1926 ?
- Stan Freberg: American satirist and comedy writer.
- Claude Richir: Roubaix physician.
- Paul Barry: American football running back in the National Football League for the Los Angeles Rams, Washington Redskins, and Chicago Cardinals.
- Amo Houghton: (Rep-R-New York).
- Stan Freberg in Los Angeles: California, USA; satirist/ad executive.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lonesome and Sorry - Ruth Etting
- Spanish Shawl - Blossom Seeley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 August 1926 and get them!