Friday 7 August 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Bambi, directed by James Algar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1942 ?
- Billy Thomas: American singer of a mellow style which is suited to either formal or casual material.
- Carlos Monzón: Argentinian boxer and actor (d. 1995).
- Richard Sykes: British ambassador, assassinated in Holland.
- BJ Thomas: American singer.
- B Thomas: American singer and actor.
- Garrison Keillor: American broadcaster, talk show host and author. With a soft voice and a slow, sentimental and often sad delivery, his folksy radio humor captured a huge following. His radio shows include "The Prairie Home Morning Show," 1970-74 and "A Prairie Home Companion," 1974-80. From 1980 he has been syndicated nation wide. Keillor is the author of "Happy To Be Here," 1982, "Lake Wobegon Days," 1985 and "Leaving Home," 1987.
- Caetano Veloso: Brazilian composer, singer, guitarist, writer, and political activist. Veloso first became known for his participation in the Brazilian musical movement Tropicalismo, which encompassed theatre, poetry and music in the 1960s, at the beginning of the Brazilian military dictatorship. He has remained a constant creative influence and best-selling performing artist and composer ever since. Veloso has won nine Latin Grammy Awards and two Grammy Awards. On November 14, 2012, Veloso was honored as the L
- Tobin Bell: American actor
- Anjanette Comer in Dawson: Texas, USA; actress (Baby, Lepke).
- Masa Saito: Wrestler (AWA / WWF / NJPW / CWFI)
- Carlos Monzon: Argentinean boxer who became the world champion on 11/07/1970 and held the title for seven years. From 1964 until he retired, he won 13 fights and was known for being aggressive and violent.
- Richard Gott: British General / Commandant of 8th Army, dies in battle at 43.
- Resistance bombs Rotterdam railway
- Transport 16 departs with French Jews to Nazi-Germany
- World War II: the Battle of Guadalcanal begins : United States Marines initiate the first American offensive of the war with landings on Guadalcanal and Tulagi in the Solomon Islands.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?