Saturday 7 August 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dino Valente and Lana Cantrell in Sydney.
Phantom of the Opera, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1943 ?
- Dino Valente: American musician (Quicksilver Messenger Service) (d. 1994).
- Lana Cantrell in Sydney: Australia; singer ("Those Were the Days").
- Alain Corneau: French film director and writer, he made his debut into the world of film as an assistant to director Costa-Gavras.
- Franz Wagner: Austrian-born journalist.
- Mohammed Badie: Egyptian religious leader.
- Lana Cantrell: Australian-American singer and lawyer
- Red Army recaptures Bogodukov
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?