Saturday 7 August 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Phantom of the Opera, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1943 ?
- Mohammed Badie: Egyptian religious leader.
- Lana Cantrell: Australian-American singer and lawyer.
- Dino Valente: American musician (Quicksilver Messenger Service) (d. 1994).
- Lana Cantrell in Sydney: Australia; singer ("Those Were the Days").
- Alain Corneau: French film director and writer, he made his debut into the world of film as an assistant to director Costa-Gavras.
- Franz Wagner: Austrian-born journalist.
- Red Army recaptures Bogodukov
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 August 1943 and get them!