Monday 7 August 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK You Don't Know by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
Pit and the Pendulum, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1961!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1961 ?
- Brian Conley: English actor and singer.
- Yelena Davydova: USSR -- Gymnist (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Walter Swinburn: English jockey and trainer.
- Maggie Wheeler: TV Actress.
- Carlos Vives: World Music Singer.
- Walter Swimburn: Irish jockey (Derby 1981)
- Cosmonaut Gherman Titov circles Earth for a full day in Vostok 2
- Soviet Premier Khrushchev predicts USSR economy will surpass US
- Vostok 2 with Titov onboard lands in Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Connie Francis - Together
- Curtis Lee - Pretty Little Angel Eyes
- Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- The Highwaymen - Michael
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?