Wednesday 7 August 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Hello, I Love You by The Doors.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1968 ?
- Leslie Lyness: Paoli, Pennsylvania -- Field hockey midfielder (1996 Olympics).
- Tomas Carbonell: Barcelona, Spain -- Tennis star.
- Big Mello: American rapper (Screwed Up Click) (d. 2002).
- Trevor Hendy: Australian surfer and coach.
- Lynn Strait: American singer-songwriter (Snot) (d. 1998).
- Francesca Gregorini: Italian-American film director, scriptwriter, singer and musician. The daughter of former Bond girl Barbara Bach and businessman Augusto Gregorini, she is also the stepdaughter of former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr. She contributed two songs to the soundtrack of the film "See Jane Run" (2001). Her first CD “Sequel” was released in 2003. Gregorini sold scripts to both HBO and Paramount Pictures before co-helming, with Tatiana von Furstenberg, her directorial debut Tanner Hall (2009). The film was
- Pepe Aguilar: World Music Singer
- Kathy Robbins: American homicide victim, beaten to death and knifed by her estranged husband on 5 December 1993.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?