Tuesday 7 August 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
White Lightning, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1973 ?
- Mikhail Gorsheniov: Russian singer-songwriter (Korol i Shut) (d. 2013).
- Danny Graves: Vietnamese-American baseball player.
- Zane Lowe: New Zealander DJ/ Radio and Television presenter.
- Kevin Muscat: Australian soccer defender (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- Cliò : Italian singer whose career began in 1991 when her song "Non siamo angeli" (We're No Angels) reached the final of the Festival of Castrocaro.
- Bo Hanson: Australian rower (1996 Olympics)
- Kimmo Rinatnen: Hockey forward (Team Finland Olympics - Bronze - 1998)
- Jack Gregory: Former Australian cricketer (Born 1895).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Bobby 'Boris' Pickett - Monster Mash
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 August 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?