Tuesday 7 August 1984
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stratos Perperoglou and Tooba Siddiqui.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr..
In UK Careless Whisper by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, directed by W.D. Richter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dimension X or Mugsy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1984!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1984 ?
- Stratos Perperoglou: Greek basketball player.
- Tooba Siddiqui: Pakistani model and actress.
- Yun Hyon-seok: South Korean poet and author (d. 2003).
- Esther Phillips: American singer known for her R&B vocals, although she was a versatile singer, also performing pop, country, jazz, blues and soul music.
- Jim Deshales becomes 1,000th playing New York Yankees.
- Japan beats US for Olympic gold medal in baseball.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
- Rod Stewart - Infatuation
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?