Monday 7 August 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up, directed by Anne Fletcher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales or Arcana Heart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 7 August 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 August
- Mary Anderson Bain: American New Deal politician (Born 1911).
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Israeli troops have detained another Hamas member of Palestinian Parliament during an overnight raid in the West Bank. (BBC NEWS)
- Iraq War:
- A US military hearing has examined the testimony by one of the accused in an incident where a 14-year-old girl and three family members in Mahmoudiyah were allegedly killed by four US soldiers after the girl's rape in March. (BBC)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Lebanon's government meets today, to decide to send the Lebanese army to the southern end of the country, according to political sources. It decides unanimously to send 15,000 troops to the south of the country as Israeli troops pull out. (Reuters)
- Oil price futures hit a record high for one blend of crude oil (Brent crude) after BP found corrosion damage to the Alaskan pipeline and cut production in Prudhoe Bay 50%. (BBC)
- Tens of thousands are evacuated from around the Mayon Volcano in the Bicol Region of the Philippines as local volcanologists anticipate an imminent eruption. (FoxNews.com)
- AOL publicly releases 20 million unfiltered search keywords for 500,000 users, containing personally identifiable information about users' search habits. (TechCrunch)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?