Thursday 7 August 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Tropic Thunder, directed by Ben Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mummy Forensics.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 or Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 7 August 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 August
- Bernie Brillstein: American talent agent/manager and producer (Born 1931).
- Georgia launches a military offensive against South Ossetia to counter the alleged Russian invasion, starting the South Ossetia War.
- Salim Hamdan, Osama Bin Laden's former driver, is sentenced to 66 months in prison for war crimes. (''The New York Times'')
- The New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo reaches a $7 billion settlement with Citigroup to buy back auction rate securities from about 40,000 clients throughout the United States. (AP via Google News)
- The Mayor of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick is ordered to go to jail for violating the terms of his bond for an ongoing perjury trial. (NPR)
- Claims for unemployment benefits in the United States rise to 455,000, the highest level since March 2002. (''USA Today'')
- The leaders of the 2008 Mauritanian coup d'état promise to hold elections as soon as possible. (Xinhua)
- Georgian-Ossetian conflict:
- Georgian and separatist South Ossetian forces have exchanged fire again near the town of Tskhinvali, wounding up to 20 people, officials say. (BBC News)
- The National Olympic Committee officially announces Durban, South Africa will be the host city of the 123rd IOC Session. (Hong Kong Government Press Release)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?