Tuesday 7 August 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Freelancers, directed by Jessy Terrero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damien's Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Case of the Crumbling Cathedral or Digimon World Re:Digitize.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 2012!
Which were the important events of 7 August 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 August
- Mexican Drug War: The United States freezes the assets of three Belize-based associates of Mexico's top drug lord, Joaquín ampquotEl Chapoampquot Guzmán. (The Huffington Post)
- Syrian civil war: Saeed Jalili, a senior Iranian official, reaffirms the Iranian government's support for the Syrian government throughout the crisis. (Al Jazeera)
- A bomb hits a minibus in the Paghman District in Afghanistan's Kabul Province, killing at least nine people. (BBC)
- At least 21 people are killed in a gun attack on a church and later an Army patrol near the city of Okene in Kogi state, central Nigeria. (''Christian Science Monitor'')
- Tuareg rebellion (2012): Burkina Faso's foreign minister Djibrill Bassole visits fighters linked to Al-Qaeda in northern Mali in an attempt to solve an ongoing crisis. (Al Jazeera)
- Flooding in the Philippines capital Manila forces at least 20,000 people to flee their homes with the death toll after eight days of heavy rain throughout the country reaching 53. (AFP via Google)
- The People's Republic of China evacuates 200,000 people from Shanghai ahead of Typhoon Haikui which is expected to make landfall in Zhejiang early tonight or tomorrow morning. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Police in Malaysia detain eight people after a toddler reportedly dies during a 20 hour exorcism ritual. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Investigators probing the disappearance of Tia Sharp find CCTV film of the missing girl. (BBC)
- A Tibetan man sets himself on fire in Sichuan, in the latest in a series of protests against Chinese rule. (Radio Television Hong Kong)
- 2012 Summer Olympics:
- In the semi-finals of association football, Mexico defeats Japan 3–1 and advances to the final, facing Brazil. (Yahoo! Sports)
- Seven athletes from Cameroon go missing. (CNN)
- In athletics, Sally Pearson of Australia wins the 100 metres hurdles setting a new Olympic record of 12.35 seconds. (''Herald Sun'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?