Saturday 7 December 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Charade, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1963 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Theo Snelders: Dutch footballer and coach.
- Barbara Weathers: vocalist (Atlantic Star - "Touch a Four Leaf Clover").
- Kristi Albers in El Paso: Texas, USA; LPGA golfer (1993 Sprint Classic).
- Ian Meckiff no-balled for throwing against the South Africans
- Instant replay is used for the first time in an Army-Navy game by its inventor, director, Tony Verna.
- A lightning strike causes the crashing of Pan Am Flight 214 near Elkton, Maryland, killing 81 people.
- Frank Sinatra Jr. is kidnapped at Harrah's Lake Tahoe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Rufus Thomas - Walking The Dog
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?