Thursday 7 December 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Wanna Love You by Akon.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
The Good Shepherd, directed by Robert De Niro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Cross by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AMF Xtreme Bowling 2006 or Bratz: Forever Diamondz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 7 December 2006 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 December
- A tornado strikes Kensal Green, North West London, seriously damaging about 150 properties.
- NASA delays the launch of the Space Shuttle ''Discovery'' on STS-116 until Saturday. (CNN)
- George W. Bush, the President of the United States says that Syria and Iran might be included in regional talks on the future of Iraq if they meet certain conditions. (CNN)
- Hewlett-Packard pays a fine of $14.5 million to settle an investigation by the Attorney General of California related to leaks from its boardroom. (Bloomberg)
- Police in Phoenix, Arizona believe that they have captured the Baseline Killer who has nine killings attributed to him. They had Mark Godeau in custody since September in relation to two alleged sexual assaults in 2005. (CNN)
- A tornado has ripped through Kensal Green in northwest London, injuring 6. (The Times)
- The Doha Asian Games suffered a tragedy when South Korean rider Kim Hyung-chil died after falling from his horse during the equestrian competition. (Aljazeera)
- Nigerian gun men attack an Agip oil terminal in the Niger River delta and take three Italians hostage. (Reuters)
- Nearly 100 people are dead or unaccounted for in Vietnam as a result of Typhoon Durian. It had earlier killed over 550 people in the Philippines and left a similar number missing. (Reuters)
- Seven towns are under immediate threat from bushfires in Gippsland in the Australian state of Victoria. (Reuters)
- A motion brought by the Conservative government to reopen debate on same-sex marriage in Canada is defeated by the Canadian House of Commons. (CBC)
- 2006 Fijian coup d'état:
- Fiji's Great Council of Chiefs condemns the coup d'état and calls on coup leader Frank Bainimarama to stop his activities. It refuses to meet with him. (ABC News Australia)
- Jona Senilagakali, the newly-installed Prime Minister of Fiji, conceded the coup had been ampquotillegalampquot but it was ampquotan illegal takeover to clean up the mess of a much bigger illegal activity of the previous government.ampquot (BBC)
- Grand Ayatollah Fazel Lankarani of Iran issues a fatwa calling for the deaths of Azeris Rafiq Tağı, a writer, and Samir Sadagatoglu, his editor, who were charged in November 2006 with ampquotinciting national, racial and religious enmityampquot after they criticized Islam. (EurasiaNet)
- The Hard Rock Cafe chain of cafes, hotels and casinos, as well as its extensive collection of rock and roll memorabilia, is purchased from the The Rank Group by the Seminole Tribe of Florida for US$965 million. (Fox News)
- Nintendo's next generation gaming console, the Wii, is released in Australia. (The Sydney Morning Herald)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 December 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?