Monday 7 December 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
The Lovely Bones, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Under the Dome by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 7 December 2009 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 December
- Pakistan’s Raffatullah Momand and Aamer Sajjad set a new world record for a second wicket partnership scoring 580 runs in a first-class Quaid-i-Azam Trophy match, breaking the previous record of 576 held by Sri Lanka's Sanath Jayasuriya and Roshan Mahanama. (Cricinfo)
- Incumbent President of Romania Traian Băsescu is declared the winner of Sunday's presidential election run-off, with the opposition demanding that the Constitutional Court annul the vote due to electoral fraud. (Bloomberg)
- Incumbent Northern Mariana Islands Governor Benigno Fitial of the Covenant Party is declared the winner of the 2009 gubernatorial election and runoff over Republican Rep. Heinz Hofschneider. (''Saipan Tribune'')
- President of Guinea Moussa Dadis Camara is reportedly unable to communicate following surgery due to an assassination attempt. (France 24)
- At least seven soldiers are shot to death and at least three others are wounded in an ambush at Reşadiye, Tokat Turkey, in the region's deadliest attack this decade. (Xinhua)
- Bishop Dermot O'Mahony resigns as patron of The Irish Pilgrimage Trust after his response to child sexual abuse was described as ampquotworse than that of any other living auxiliary bishop of Dublinampquot. (Press Association)
- The United Nations Climate Change Conference opens in Copenhagen. (''Times LIVE'')
- Iranian police clash with thousands of opposition supporters at the annual Student's Day in Tehran, with reports of gunfire being heard. (Press TV)
- At least five people are killed in a blast outside a court complex in Peshawar, Pakistan. (''Financial Times'')
- Sudanese police detain three senior figures from the Sudan People's Liberation Movement, the ruling party in South Sudan, at a demonstration calling for electoral reform in Khartoum. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan begins hearing a case against the National Reconciliation Ordinance which protected President Asif Ali Zardari and other key political figures against graft charges. (Xinhua)
- U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates admits that the United States has had no information on the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden for many years. (''The Independent'')
- The English town of Swindon becomes the first ever Twin Town of Walt Disney World in the U.S. state of Florida. (''The Independent'')
- At least eight people are killed, mainly children, and at least 41 others are wounded due to a school bombing in Baghdad. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?