Wednesday 7 February 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Planet of the Apes, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1968 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Peter Bondra in Lutsk: Ukraine; NHL right wing (Washington Capitals).
- Martin Sinner in Koblenz: Germany; tennis star (1990 Pretoria).
- Sully Erna: American singer (Godsmack).
- Ashely Allen: San Antonio, Texas -- Playmate (Aug, 1992).
- Peter Bondra: Ukrainian-Slovak ice hockey player and manager.
- Maitreesh Ghatak: Indian economist and academic
- Mark Tewksbury: Canadian swimmer and sportscaster
- Giovanni Scattone: Italian educator, a teaching assistant along with Marta Russo. At a party, Scattone and Salvatore Ferraro, a teacher, were fooling around with a gun and declared that it was an accident when Marta Russo was hit by a stray bullet. Francesco Liparota, who was present, accused the two of the shooting. The trial began May 1998.
- WLED TV channel 49 in Littleton, NH (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Belgium government of Vanden Boeynants falls.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Classics IV - Spooky
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?