Wednesday 7 February 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ashely Allen and Peter Bondra in Lutsk.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Planet of the Apes, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zirkus meines Lebens.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1968 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Ashely Allen: San Antonio, Texas -- Playmate (Aug, 1992).
- Peter Bondra in Lutsk: Ukraine; NHL right wing (Washington Capitals).
- Martin Sinner in Koblenz: Germany; tennis star (1990 Pretoria).
- Giovanni Scattone: Italian educator, a teaching assistant along with Marta Russo.
- Sully Erna: American singer (Godsmack).
- Peter Bondra: Ukrainian-Slovak ice hockey player and manager
- Maitreesh Ghatak: Indian economist and academic
- Mark Tewksbury: Canadian swimmer and sportscaster
- WLED TV channel 49 in Littleton, NH (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Belgium government of Vanden Boeynants falls.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 February 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Classics IV - Spooky
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?