Saturday 7 February 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Academy of Champions: Soccer or Ashes Cricket 2009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 7 February 2009 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 February
- The number of U.S. workers drawing unemployment aid reaches a record high of 4.99 million, the highest since records began in 1967.
- James Whitmore, actor of movies (The Last Frontier, Oklahoma!, Planet of the Apes, The Shawshank Redemption, Battleground, Golden Globe award), television (The Law and Mr. Jones, Temperatures Rising, The Practice, Emmy award), and theater (Give 'em Hell, Harry, Command Decision, Tony award), dies at age 87 in Malibu, California, of lung cancer.
- Bushfires in Victoria left 173 dead in the worst natural disaster in Australia's history.
- 2009 Southeastern Australia heat wave continues:
- More than 100,000 Victorians may be without electricity due to a rolling blackout. (ABC News Australia)
- Bolivia's new constitution enters into force. (BBC)
- Seven Pakistani police officers are killed in Mianwali, Punjab. (BBC)
- The Students' Movement claims to have executed kidnapped Polish engineer Peter Stanczak. (Xinhua)
- The Israeli Air Force attacks the Gaza Strip after Palestinian militants fire two rockets into the country. (Haaretz)
- Brazilian Federal Police confiscate 3.8nbsptons of cocaine from a ship at a Paranaguá port. (Trend News)
- Major League Baseball player Alex Rodriguez allegedly tested positive for two anabolic steroids in 2003. (''Sports Illustrated'')
- An Embraer EMB-110P1 air taxi carrying 20 people crashes in Amazonas, Brazil. (''IHT'')
- Madagascar police kill at least 23 protesters during anti-government demonstrations in Antananarivo. (BBC)
- Jennifer Frigge becomes the first woman to swim across the Atlantic Ocean. (''Kansas City Star'')
- French Polynesian President Gaston Tong Sang resigns. (''The Age'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?