Sunday 7 February 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SciGirls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 or Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 7 February 2010 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 February
- Franco Ballerini: Italian Cycler, Coach of the Italy team of cycling (Born 1964).
- The NFL Super Bowl is watched by more than 106 million people in the U.S., surpassing the 1983 finale of M*A*S*H to become the most-watched program in U.S. television history, according to the Neilsen Company.
- Sir Richard Branson warns that oil crunch is coming within five years. (theenergycollective)
- Laura Chinchilla is elected President of Costa Rica, the first woman to take the office, following the 2010 general election. (Xinhua)
- First Gentleman and former President Néstor Kirchner of Argentina undergoes emergency surgery to remove a blockage in his carotid artery. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- In Nigeria, the Governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi, is controversially re-elected. (Reuters South Africa)
- The Kleen Energy Systems plant in Middletown, Connecticut, explodes, killing at least five people and injuring at least 14 others. (''The New York Times'')
- A Pakistani lawyers' group in Lahore threatens to ampquotburn aliveampquot anyone who prosecutes lawyer accused of murdering a 12-year-old servant girl. (''Asia News'')
- Social Development Minister Margaret Ritchie defeats Alasdair McDonnell in an election to become leader of the Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP) following Mark Durkan's resignation yesterday. She is the first woman to take charge of the party in its history and the first female leader of a major party in Northern Ireland. (RTÉ)
- Voters in Ukraine go to the polls in the second round of the country's presidential election. (''The Independent'')
- Australian Senator John Faulkner and Doctor Wayne Mapp attend a ceremony in Gallipoli to commemorate dead ANZAC and Turkish soldiers, laying wreaths at several locations. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Huang Yizhong is jailed for 13 years in Jiangmen, Guangdong, for copying and spreading pornographic material through his website. (''The Washington Post'')
- Britain is to tighten the rules on immigrants entering the country on a student visa in a clampdown on a system which some security experts say has been exploited by Islamist militants. (Reuters)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad orders his country's atomic agency to begin enriching uranium to a higher level. (Press TV)
- Libya bans YouTube, independent news sites and opposition web sites in crackdown on controversial subjects, including human rights abuses by the Libyan government. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 February 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?