Monday 7 February 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 7 February 2011 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 February
- Cambodian–Thai border stand-off
- Tunisia calls up recently retired soldiers to contain recent unrest. (AP via MSNBC)
- AOL purchases online publisher The Huffington Post in a $315 million deal. (''New York Times'')
- Iraq is poised to sign $12b gas deal with Shell Oil Company. (Tehran Times)
- Continental Airlines announces that it plans to lay off 500 staff in Houston, Texas following its merger with United Airlines. (KHOU)
- Bushfires in Perth, Western Australia continue to burn out of control after having destroyed up to 40 homes. (WA Today)
- United States diplomatic cables leak:
- Newly released cables reveal Australia and the United States formed an alliance in February 2008 to share secret intelligence from spy satellite. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Luke Harding, ''The Guardian'''s Moscow correspondent is expelled from Russia as a result of the paper publishing cables about Russia becoming a ampquotmafia stateampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Thirty-one North Koreans arrive in South Korea after crossing the Yellow Sea by boat. (Yonhap News)
- Israel approves plans for two new buildings to be built in East Jerusalem, Palestine with the Palestinians currently living there to be evicted. (Press TV)
- Julian Assange and the WikiLeaks website:
- The defence team for Julian Assange, facing allegations of sex crimes, prepares to argue that Assange cannot receive a fair trial in Sweden as such cases are heard in secret without any transparency. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Using Google Maps, an archaeologist finds nearly 2,000 potential archaeological sites in Saudi Arabia. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Molecule of the Year 2010 is FOXM1 as announced by Isidro T. Savillo, President, ISMCBBPR. (''Scientist Solutions'')
- Constitutional Democratic Rally, the former ruling party of Tunisia is officially dissolved. (Tabnak)
- The government of Haiti issues a new passport to former President of Haiti Jean-Bertrand Aristide allowing him to end his exile in South Africa. (''Sun-Sentinel'')
- The Fox Broadcasting Company coverage of Super Bowl XLV on Sunday breaks the record for most viewed television program in the United States. (Fanhouse)
- Laureus World Sports Awards
- Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal is named Laureus World Sportsman of the Year. (''Herald Sun'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 February 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?