Saturday 7 January 1911, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1911 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- René Bougnol: French fencer who won gold at both the 1932 Los Angeles Games and 1948 London Games, and a silver medal at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, all in the team foil event.
- Rene Bougnol: France sport Champion.
- Butterfly McQueen: Actress (Gone With the Wind), dies in a fire at 84.
- 1st airplane bombing experiments with explosives, San Francisco
- Dutch Scouts Organization established in Amsterdam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?