Friday 7 January 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1916 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Gerrit Schulte: Netherlands sport Champion.
- W Jeyasingham: Sri Lankan geographer and academic (d. 1989).
- Paul Keres: Estonian-Finnish chess player and theoretician (d. 1975).
- Gerrit Schulte [Le Fou Pedalant]: Dutch six day bicyclist.
- German troops conquer Fort Vaux at Verdun.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Back Home in Tennessee - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?