Sunday 7 January 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1917 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Were Just Made to Order for Me - Marguerite Farrell & M.J. O'Connell
- Babes in the Wood - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?