Tuesday 7 January 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Das Schicksal der Maria Keith, directed by Rudolf Walther-Fein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1919 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Robert Duncan: American major contemporary poet, considered a presiding voice of the San Francisco Bay area specifically, which he helped establish as a major center of poetry in the United States.
- Alexandre Percier: Brest Military man.
- Henry Ware: Eliot American industrialist and philanthropist (Born 1843).
- Montenegrin guerrilla fighters rebel against the planned annexation of Montenegro by Serbia, but fail.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 January 1919 and get them!