Wednesday 7 January 1920, Orthodox Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aubrey Brabazon and Lionel Alexander Bethune [Alastair] Pilkington.
Within Our Gates, directed by Oscar Micheaux, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1920 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Aubrey Brabazon: Jockey / trainer.
- Lionel Alexander Bethune [Alastair] Pilkington: Engineer / Industrialist.
- Albert Meltzer: anarchist.
- Jorge Puccinelli Converso: Peruvian lawyer, Doctor of Literature, lecturer, professor, historian, writer and librarian, member of the Peruvian Academy of Language.
- Georges Claes: Belgium sport Champion.
- Vincent Gardenia: Actor (All in the Family, LA Law), dies at 71
- Sir Edmund Barton: 1st Prime Minister of Australia (Born 1849).
- The New York State Assembly refuses to seat five duly elected Socialist assemblymen.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nobody Knows (and Nobody Seems to Care) - Irving Kaufman & Jack Kaufman
- Broken Blossoms - Charles Harrison
- The Hand That Rocked the Cradle Rules My Heart - John Steel
- Oh! What a Pal was Mary - Edward Allen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?