Saturday 7 January 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Jesse James, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1939 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Tom Kiernan: Irish rugby player and coach.
- Michael: Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark.
- Prince Michael: of Greece and Denmark.
- David Buchan: Ethno-musicologist.
- US workers' union leader Tom Mooney freed (jailed since 1916).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?