Thursday 7 January 1943, Orthodox Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Warner and Leona Williams.
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1943 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Nicholas Warner: Test Pilot.
- Leona Williams: singer/songwriter ("Ladies Get the Blues").
- Jim Lefebvre in Hawthorne: California, USA; baseball manager (Seattle Mariners).
- Sadako Sasaki: Japanese child victim of the Hiroshima atomic bomb (d. 1955).
- Sir Richard Armstrong: British conductor.
- Richard Armstrong: English organist and conductor
- Nikola Tesla: Serbian-American inventor and engineer who was a master of electricity at a time when it was changing American life.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?