Thursday 7 January 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1943 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Nicholas Warner: Test Pilot.
- Leona Williams: singer/songwriter ("Ladies Get the Blues").
- Jim Lefebvre in Hawthorne: California, USA; baseball manager (Seattle Mariners).
- Richard Armstrong: English organist and conductor.
- Sadako Sasaki: Japanese child victim of the Hiroshima atomic bomb (d. 1955).
- Sir Richard Armstrong: British conductor
- Nikola Tesla: Serbian-American inventor and engineer who was a master of electricity at a time when it was changing American life.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?