Thursday 7 January 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1943 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Nicholas Warner: Test Pilot.
- Leona Williams: singer/songwriter ("Ladies Get the Blues").
- Jim Lefebvre in Hawthorne: California, USA; baseball manager (Seattle Mariners).
- Richard Armstrong: English organist and conductor.
- Sadako Sasaki: Japanese child victim of the Hiroshima atomic bomb (d. 1955).
- Sir Richard Armstrong: British conductor
- Nikola Tesla: Serbian-American inventor and engineer who was a master of electricity at a time when it was changing American life.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 January 1943 and get them!