Friday 7 January 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1944 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Mario Bertini: .
- Ad [GB]: Nijhuis; Dutch Member of Parliament (VVD).
- Mary Moore: American newsfigure whose life careened out of control through marital problems and alcohol.
- Jim Bohannon: American talk show host, a conservative democrat.
- Arne Scheie: Norwegian sports commentator.
- Kotaro Suzumura: Japanese economist and academic
- Tony Whitlam: Australian lawyer judge and politician
- Air Force announces production of 1st US jet fighter, the Bell P-59
- US Air Force announces production of first US jet fighter, the Bell P-59.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?