Sunday 7 January 1945, Orthodox Christmas
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilles Marotte and Tony Conigliaro.
Tonight and Every Night, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching La piste aux étoiles (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1945 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Gilles Marotte: French Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2005).
- Tony Conigliaro: American athlete, pro baseball player for the Boston Red Sox, outfielder and right handed batter who suffered multiple injuries that cut short an illustrious career.
- David Spangler: American writer and mystic, a "conscious sensitive" since youth; his books include "Revelation, Birth of a New Age.
- Dick Marty: Swiss lawyer and politician.
- Raila Odinga: Kenyan engineer and politician 2nd Prime Minister of Kenya.
- Lord Haw-Haw reports total German victory at Ardennen.
- World War II: British General Bernard Montgomery holds a press conference in which he claims credit for victory in the Battle of the Bulge.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?