Monday 7 January 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Shock, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1946 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Andy Brown: rock drummer (Fortunes Birmingham).
- Michael Roizen: American anesthesiologist and author.
- Jann Wenner: American publisher co-founded Rolling Stone.
- Mike Wilds: English race car driver and pilot.
- Adamo Didur: Polish tenor (Born 1874).
- The recently elected government of Austria is recognized by the US, Great Britain, France, and the Soviet Union.
- Cambodia becomes autonomous state inside French Union.
- The Allies recognize the Austrian republic with 1937 borders, and divide the country into 4 occupation zones.
- The first meeting of the United Nations is held in London.
- ''Project Diana'' bounces radar waves off the Moon, measuring the exact distance between the Earth and the Moon, and proving that communication is possible between Earth and outer space, effectively opening the space age.
- Enver Hoxha declares the People's Republic of Albania, with himself as prime minister.
- Porfirio Barba-Jacob's ashes go back to Colombia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Symphony
- Buzz Me - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 January 1946 and get them!