Friday 7 January 1949, Orthodox Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marshall Chapman in Spartanburg and John Christopher.
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Arthur Godfrey and His Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1949 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Marshall Chapman in Spartanburg: South Carolina, USA; country singer.
- John Christopher: Parry; rocker (Cure).
- Steven Williams: American actor.
- Anne Schedeen: American actress.
- Marshall Chapman: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Chavo Guerrero: American wrestler and trainer
- 1st photo of genes taken at University of Southern California by Pease and Baker
- First photo of genes taken at University of Southern California by Pease and Baker.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?